How to Apply for School Direct
HOW TO APPLY
Advice and Tips on applying:
- Check that you are eligible to apply for School Direct
- Attend one of our information evenings if possible
- Apply early as places fill quickly, especially PE and Primary
- Do your research, look at the website and visit the school you are considering applying to
- To help prepare you for teaching, try to undertake work experience in a school and talk to teachers about the role
- Apply through UCAS not directly to schools, don't send CVs to EKLA or Schools as we cannot consider them
Coronavirus and School Direct
Regrettably, in response to the pressures placed on school leaders by the Coronavirus outbreak and to ensure the safety of all, some of our schools will not permit external visitors on their site.
Different schools will have different policies, so please contact the individual school to confirm whether they can allow visits/school experiences in their school.
Similarly, some schools will be conducting virtual interviews, rather than face to face ones. Please do not be anxious about this. Schools had to hold virtual interviews during school closures and there is a supportive system in place to ensure that you have a quality interview experience.
In the meantime, the EKLA Office will continue to operate as normal, albeit remotely. Please use all usual email addresses to contact us and we will do our best to answer queries and support you.
|Applications for School Direct places with EKLA for September 2021 will open in october|
Applications for places are managed by UCAS through a single admissions system.
Recruitment for September 2021 entry will open via UCAS in October 2020.
Please follow this link for detailed information: http://www.ucas.com/how-it-all-works/teacher-training
Next page Professional Studies